The University Registration Appeals Committee is the final arbiter in the process of requesting an exception to a registration policy. The Registration Appeals Committee reviews each appeal one time. A re-appeal for the same request will not be accepted. It is imperative that you submit sufficient documentation with your appeal to support your case and to support what prevented you from adhering to the published deadlines to add/drop and withdraw.
The Appeal Process
2020欧洲杯首页Complete the University Registration Appeal below, and submit a typed, well-written letter of request (limited to one typed page) with adequate justification and complete documentation to the Student Business Center located on the 2nd floor of the University Center.
2020欧洲杯首页Appeals must be written and submitted by the student. Appeals submitted by others (family members, faculty, etc.) cannot be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Business Center.
The Registration Appeals Committee meets every Wednesday throughout the year, with a few exceptions. All materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Mondayto be considered at the Wednesday meeting. Be sure that you have collected all required forms and signatures.
You will receive a written response to your appeal, usually within 3 business days after the decision, so be sure to provide a complete email address and/or mailing address to receive the notification.
Documentation may include, but is not limited to:
- Medical appointment history (include dates)
- Obituary, funeral or memorial service program
- Military orders
- Letter(s) of support from faculty, advisor, physician, employer (on letterhead with their signature)
- Any other documentation that would support your appeal
Appropriate Appeals for the Registration Appeals Committee:
- Registration policies and procedures
- Deadline dates such as those for refunds or adding/dropping/withdrawing from classes
What is NOT Appropriate for Appeal to the Registration Appeals Committee:
- Academic grievances concerning the grade itself
- Issues related to Financial Aid and Standards of Progress
- Requesting removal of WDs from your record, unless you can document that the WDs resulted from University error.
Simple failure to attend classes or misunderstanding of written policies and procedures generally is NOT grounds for a successful appeal.