Faculty members submit nominations for commendable student essays. Up to three $100 awards will be presented to undergraduate students and one $100 award will be presented to a graduate student for outstanding research papers.
Papers will be evaluated on the quality of the thesis statement or creative concept, how completely, coherently or imaginatively ideas are developed, how well ideas are supported with research, how well the paper is written (i.e., free of mechanical errors and written in an accessible and learned style) and how professionally the concept is executed.
Emerging Scholar Award
Work completed while a first-year or sophomore student.
Developing Scholar Award
Work completed while a junior or senior student.
Capstone Scholar Award
2020欧洲杯首页Work completed for a senior capstone course.
Graduate Scholar Award
Work completed for a graduate-level course.
- Minimum length – 5 pages, 12pt font, double-spaced.
- Must contain a research component (e.g. surveys, polls, interviews, experiments, library research, etc.).
- Must include documentation using professionally accepted guidelines.
- Must have been completed in an SSU class during the Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or Spring 2020 semesters.
The instructor making the nomination(s) must ensure the following:
- Nomination form is completed and included with the paper.
- Undergraduate students must present their paper at Celebration of Scholarship.
- Graduate students are encouraged but not required to present their paper at Celebration of Scholarship.
- Nomination(s) must be received by 11:59pm on March 25, 2020.
Faculty members should submit their nominations and student papers to:
Arts and Sciences papers and nomination forms should be submitted to Dean Roberta Milliken, Massie Hall, MAS 100 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Studies papers and nomination forms should be submitted to Dean Paul Madden, Advanced Technology Center, ATC 201 or emailed to: email@example.com
University College papers and nomination forms should be submitted to Dean Chris Kacir, Administration, ADM 129 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org