Welcome to Shawnee State University and Information Technology Services. ITS is charged to offer outstanding technology services to its faculty and staff. ITS supports the latest technologies for academic instruction, administrative computing and student learning. We ensure that enterprise systems and mission-critical functions are fully-operational on a continuous basis, standard technology is refreshed on schedule and that networked computing resources are available based on user roles, appropriate access guidelines and campus policy.
Aligned with the Department of Business and Finance, ITS promotes the continuous evaluation of technology upgrades and emerging technologies that further SSU’s Mission, in collaboration with campus departments and executive leadership.
2020欧洲杯首页Whether it concerns your network, email or MySSU account, connecting to the internet, or hardware and software support do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance. After all, IT is what we do!
2020欧洲杯首页 Chief Information Officer
ITS offers secure access from the wired and wireless networks in academic and administrative areas on campus. We know how important mobile technology is to our faculty and staff and we want to ensure that employees are successful in connecting their personal computers to the SSUnet wireless network. Connecting personal devices to the SSU wired network requires prior authorization.
What you’ll be provided with as an SSU employee:
- A departmental computer or computer access that meets or exceeds campus standards
- Standard software for document management and unified communications (voice, video and data)
- A departmental telephone or telephone access, with extension number
- A personal access code (PAC) for long distance service approved by your supervisor
- Departmental server storage for institutional documents
- Department-specific hardware and software based on your employee role
- A licensed copy of Microsoft Windows OS software and Microsoft Office for home use
- A review of SSU’s Policy 5.30 for Use, Conditions, Procedures and Guidelines for a safe, secure and easy to use computing environment (can be located at numazu-color.com/its)
- Account access to a secure, and easy to use computing environment
- Support from a ITS Help Desk Technician when needing assistance
What is this account? Each employee is provided an account that grants access to networked computers and printers, library resources, and the SSUnet Wi-Fi network. This account is also your Shawnee State University email account.
When is this created? The network account is created within 24 hours after receiving notification of your employment from Human Resources.
What is my username?2020欧洲杯首页 Your username and email address are created using the first initial of your first name + your last name @numazu-color.com. For example, Teresa Smith will be email@example.com.
What is my password?2020欧洲杯首页 You must activate your account by bringing your staff ID to the ITS Help Desk in person. Your User Name and Password will be provided to you at that time.
Will the account change or be removed? At the point you are not employed by the University or have an active contract (without prior VP authorization), your account will be disabled on your termination date for a period of 30 days. After this time your account will be deleted. All information within the account will be lost.
2020欧洲杯首页MySSU is SSU's campus portal for students, faculty, and staff. This portal is where students register for classes and complete University business; faculty obtain class rosters, communicate with students, and complete grade entry. Staff use MYSSU to access pay vouchers, W-2 information, and employee benefit information.
What is this account?2020欧洲杯首页 This account is used to access SSU’s Campus Portal. The MySSU account also provides integrated logon for Blackboard’s Learning Management System. MySSU can be found at
What is my User ID? This ID is assigned to you as your staff ID at SSU and can be found on your employee ID card and all official Human Resource documents including your paycheck receipt.
What is my password?2020欧洲杯首页 Your initial password is your date of birth in the format YYYMMDD. You are not forced to change this password; however, ITS strongly suggests that you do change the password.
Will this account be removed? This account will not be deleted. The information you have access to may change, depending on your current role at SSU.
For more detailed information about your SSU accounts, please visit http://myid.numazu-color.com.
Many of your campus accounts have a password self-service reset feature that allows you to reset your password online if you forget it. To take advantage of this feature you must take a few moments and register for each account listed below. Once you have successfully completed the quick enrollment process you will be able to reset your passwords for these accounts without visiting the Help Desk.
- Click on Network Account at http://myid.numazu-color.com
- Enter your network username and password
- Click on Register
- Enter your network password when prompted
- Click Authenticate
- You will be asked to answer five of the ten questions
- Click Finish
- While logged into MySSU at , click on Personal Info (below your name).
- The MyInfo window will appear. Now click on Password.
- Near the bottom of the MyInfo – Manage Password window click on Password Hint.
- Provide the required information and click Save.
- You will now be able to make use of the password self-recover option for MySSU.
- If you forget your password you will need to attempt a log-in to have the option to recover the password to MySSU.
If you have a laptop or other mobile device with a wireless network card you will be able to access our SSUnet wireless network across campus. To connect to SSUnet, follow the normal Wi-Fi connection process for your device, select SSUnet, and enter your SSU Network username and password when prompted. For more detailed instructions, visit here.
ITS provides employees online learning resources located here.
Atomic Learning© provides web-based training on over 250 of the most commonly used software applications, such as Microsoft Office, SPSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackboard, Acrobat, Photoshop and many more. These software tutorials break down each application into manageable tasks and explain each task through a one to three-minute video tutorial. You can view a tutorial when you have a quick question about a program you're using, or you can view a series of tutorials and master an entire application. It allows you to learn at your own pace, from your personal computer, and can be utilized for classroom instruction.
2020欧洲杯首页Please take advantage of this powerful resource that provides answers to many common "how-to" questions.
- In order to get an account please click here and complete the form. The information on the submitted form will be compared to network accounts that have been authorized by Human Resources. After this verification your Atomic Learning account will be created within five (5) business days. ITS creates and submits the account information to Atomic Learning (manually) once a week.
- Your username will be your Shawnee email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the password will be your date of birth (YYYYMMDD). You will have the option of changing this password once successfully logged into Atomic Learning.
- If you leave the University, your Atomic Learning account will be terminated at the same time of as your network account.
Please visit and Click Log In.
2020欧洲杯首页Employees are able to download the latest version of Microsoft Office by logging into Office 365 using their Shawnee State University email address and password. From the Office 365 dashboard you will see “Install Office” link. Click this link and select the option that is correct for you.
Please go to to log in. If you need assistance with this installation please contact the ITS – Service Desk at 740-351-3538 or by email at ITService@numazu-color.com.
2020欧洲杯首页An employee’s work should never be saved to the hard drive of any University computer. There is no backup of this information and cannot be recovered in the instance of a hard drive failure, in most instances. ITS offers secure network storage using an architecture established for departmental storage of institutional documents, backed up nightly for recovery in case of a campus emergency or to restore a mission-critical service.
Your department supervisor, academic dean or chair should be able to assist you with understanding the department folders established for storing and sharing documents within your department, and between other departments on campus. You can request access rights to these folders based on your employee role at the University. The ITS Help Desk is more than willing to assist you with granting appropriate access to network storage based on access granted to you within your department.
ITS strongly recommends that you never store institutional documents on mobile devices that will leave the campus, without contacting us in advance to assist with securing these documents using the latest security measures. We are charged to ensure that documents of an institutional nature are protected and have a reduced risk of being vulnerable to the latest security threats. Do not hesitate to contact ITS to advise you on the best security practices and measures you can take to protect your data.
ITS adheres to established guidelines as a way to provide a consistent quality of service to the entire campus, and implements campus IT standards whenever possible to ensure a managed approach to information technology for the University. Specific to acceptable use of campus computing resources, SSU is governed by Policy 5.30 and Conditions for Use, that outline appropriate use and authority for technology made available to the campus. You should review these guidelines and Policy at your first opportunity, to ensure that you understand how technology supports SSU’s Mission, is purchased and deployed based on a managed review process by departments in collaboration with technology leadership, to ensure that SSU is in compliance with required licenses and can be fully-supported, for continuous operation and a quality of service to all users.
ITS offers a comprehensive Help Desk service to the campus and utilizes the latest automation technology to effectively manage requests for technology assistance.
The best way to contact the ITS Help Desk is by submitting an email to email@example.com欧洲杯首页. In your email be sure to include:
- Your name
- Phone number (extension)
- Description of the issue. Be sure to include any error messages that may be displayed. Remember the better the description of the issue the easier it will be for the Help Desk to resolve the issue.
After you submit your email, a technician will be assigned to your ticket, and the ticket will be assigned a priority. This technician may call you or send an email to your SSU email account to get more information or schedule a time to look at the request. Please work with our technicians as they work through your resolution, to your satisfaction.
You can also stop in the Help Desk located in the basement of the Administration Building, room 005.
2020欧洲杯首页Technicians at SSU can only work on personally-owned computers if the issue relates to network connectivity. If your computer is experiencing issues beyond network connectivity our technicians will not be able to provide assistance.
Your role as an SSU employee may require that you understand how technology is evaluated, selected and processed for purchased. Or maybe you just need new technology for yourself, the technology you currently have needs refreshed, and your supervisor agrees with you. ITS can help you understand the technology best fit for your needs. When a technology purchase request is made on campus, ITS is engaged in the approval effort in order to:
- Determine if the technology will function as intended on the SSU network
- Ensure that you will receive the necessary support for the technology requisitioned
- Ensure the terms and conditions for using the technology meet campus and vendor expectations
- Help you understand the licensing requirements for technology installation and usage
- Determine if there are any additional technology requirements required, such as needing to purchase a digital certificate from a Certificate Authority
- Evaluate how long the technology investment will function until a refresh is required
This evaluation is initiated when an approval request is received for technology thru SciQuest, or as part of the standard work flow for evaluating contracts associated with the purchase of technology. ITS will do its best to complete the evaluation of each request in a timely manner, as we receive them. Some evaluations may take longer based on the scope of purchase, and when we are required to follow-up with the vendor to answer questions.
2020欧洲杯首页Your University-owned computer is on a 4-year replacement schedule, unless your department has identified the need for a different schedule based on other technology dependencies. ITS offers replacement schedules for review annually to budget manners, for the purpose of identifying computers scheduled for refresh.
Shawnee State receives special pricing on many technologies used on campus, as a result of:
- Inter-University Council (IUC) purchasing agreements for state institutions
- State term pricing arrangements
- Standard acquisitions with vendors and volume purchasing
Refer to these standard technology purchases and their current pricing information, for the most common technology acquisitions needed on campus.
2020欧洲杯首页It is important for departments to understand associated service level agreements (SLAs) required for maintenance and support of acquired technology, prior to purchases being consummated. The recurring costs for these services can make up a substantial portion of the entire cost of ownership of the technology during its useful life. Please contact ITS for any assistance needed during the evaluation of SLAs when acquiring new technology.
2020欧洲杯首页During your employment at Shawnee State University, you will have the opportunity to utilize all of the technologies afforded access to you based on your employee role. You should strive to maximize their utilization and to take advantage of any and all training opportunities, to become most proficient with the technology available to you. Technology is engaged for each employee whenever you are officially identified as an employee by the department of Human Resources - when your network account access is then created. Technology will most likely change for you, when:
- Institutional or departmental initiatives result in new technologies being deployed
- ITS performs mandatory upgrades to current technologies in operation
- Your employee role changes within your department or the University
- You leave the University
You should not hesitate to contact ITS to help you better understand the technology available to you and how it is utilized, to install and configure appropriate technology for you, and to request technical support to resolve a problem when you need it.
2020欧洲杯首页Most importantly, you should not hesitate to contact ITS to help us better understand how we can provide outstanding IT services in your support, and to accomplish our campus Mission.
SSU offers an emergency notification service called Emergency/SSU Alert. This is provided to keep you informed in the event of an emergency or any University closure. Notifications can be received in a variety of forms including phone call, text message, and email message. To receive emergency notifications from this service you must register through .
To ensure that you receive SSU Alerts you will need to Whitelist your notifications so they are not sent to your Junk Email folder within Microsoft Outlook. You can access instructions to complete this task from the following link - GetRave Safe Recipient Instructions (PDF).
2020欧洲杯首页To enroll visit MySSU, go to the MyInfo tab and the Emergency/SSU Alert link, and provide your contact information for the methods of contact you prefer.
Need more information or have additional questions?
Information Technology Services
Clark Memorial Library Room 118
940 2nd Street | Portsmouth, OH 45662
Phone: (740) 351-3538 | Fax: (740) 351-3636
File Sharing Statement and Copyright Infringement
Employees are reminded that sharing of copyrighted materials over the network such as software, music, images, videos, publications, or any other protected materials is a violation of federal copyright statutes and is strictly prohibited. Violators may be subject to serious fines and penalties.